At the beginning of next year every student in Years 1 to 6 will be asked to come in for a half hour meeting with their teacher. The focus of this interview is primarily to assess the student’s mathematical understanding allowing the teacher to have a very detailed understanding of where each child is at and subsequently move them on at their own point of need. A by-product of this is that it allows each teacher to have time one on one with each student giving them valuable time to get to know them. You will be asked to make the interview time on line from the 9th December once classes are announced.
These interviews will take place on Thursday, 28th and Friday 29th January. Students in years 1 – 6 then commence school on Monday, 1st February.Posted on: 19 November 2015
Please find attached important information in relation to the upcoming P&F AGM on 30th November. All parents and carers of SJB community are welcome to attend.Posted on: 16 November 2015
Government changes have been introduced to School Transport Scheme (SSTS). The changes are the issuing of School Opal cards for students and the new online application form. To be eligible for a School OPAL card the following eligibility applies:
- Years K-2 (Infants) there is no minimum distance
- Years 3-6 (Primary) 1.6km straight line distance or 2.3km walking or further.
Children who hold a 2015 pass will receive their pass through the school at the beginning of the new school year in 2016.
NEW APPLICATIONS ARE NEEDED IF:
- The student is starting school or has not had a pass for travel before
- The student is progressing from Year 2 (2015) to Year 3 (2016)
- The student is changing schools
- The student’s personal details have changed (eg. address)
- Applications must be made online at transportnsw.info/school-students. Click here
- Print, sign and submit the form to the school for endorsement
- The school will forward the application to Transport for NSW for processing. Once approved, Transport for NSW sends the School Opal card to the home address given in the application.
IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR FREE TRAVEL
A Term Bus Pass, which offers travel on buses between home and school at a discounted rate, for the whole school term can be purchased from transportnsw.info/school-students.
SCHOOL BUS TIMETABLES Click here
Posted on: 6 November 2015
ALL FAMILIES MUST COMPLETE A REGISTRATION FOR FOR 2016. Please remember to sign and return to school by the 20th November 2015 to ensure that correct fees and discounts for the 2016 school year can be determined for your family. Forms are also available at the school officePosted on: 5 November 2015
Here is the link to the new timetable: https://www.busways.com.au/sites/default/files/school_timetables/St_John_The_Baptist_Primary_School_20150325_1446.pdfPosted on: 29 April 2015